Mobile marketing, sweepstakes and services, including location-based services, are governed by an alphabet soup of statutes and regulations: TCPA, COPPA, CAN-SPAM, CPNI, etc. To complicate compliance even further, numerous class action lawsuits in state and federal courts have addressed issues and nuances that the Federal Communications Commission, Federal Trade Commission, and state regulatory agencies or legislatures have not. This Kelley Drye webinar will discuss the new rules of the road for mobile communications, marketing, and sweepstakes, and offer suggestions for reaching consumers while mitigating the legal risks.
- An overview of the legal landscape, including the key regulators and their jurisdiction.
- Guidelines for text message campaigns.
- Recent developments on “robocalls.”
- Marketing to children.
- Location-based services and the use of location information.
- Mobile sweepstakes and contests.
Kelley Drye Speakers:
Steven A. Augustino, Partner
John J. Heitmann, Partner
Gonzalo E. Mon, Partner
October 30, 2012
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Registration is free of charge. Please click here to register.