Often when people think about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) they say to themselves, “well, I’m not a bank so that doesn’t really apply to me.” But consumer financial protection laws are actually much broader and cover all aspects of consumer financial products, any way that consumers bank, pay, or finance transactions and the financial technology sector more broadly.
On this episode of the Ad Law Access Podcast, partner Alysa Hutnik and special counsel Donnelly McDowell discuss consumer financial protection, fintech, financial services, and the consumer protection issues that the CFPB and FTC have broad discretion over.
For more information on consumer financial protection and other topics, visit:
- Taskforce on Federal Consumer Financial Law Report
- Kelley Drye’s Consumer Financial Protection Practice Page
- Advertising and Privacy Law Resource Center
- Ad Law Access Blog
- Ad Law News and Views Newsletter
- Kelley Drye’s Advertising and Marketing Practice