Join members of Kelley Drye’s Advertising, Privacy, and Financial Services teams on March 8, 2023 at 12:30-1:30 ET for an overview of hot topics and issues to watch for in 2023 in fintech and financial services.
Both the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) have set an aggressive agenda for 2023 that could fundamentally alter the regulatory landscape governing fintech and financial services providers. In pushing to expand the boundaries of third-party liability, the agencies are looking beyond traditional financial services providers to retailers, social media and tech platforms, lead generators, data aggregators, and others. The efforts come amidst simultaneous challenges to the fundamental structure and authority of each agency.
Please join us for a webinar with Partners Matt Luzadder and Donnelly McDowell and two of Kelley Drye’s newest team members with significant financial services and privacy experience at the FTC, Partner Kate White and Special Counsel Ioana Gorecki.
The webinar will cover a host of hot topics in advertising and privacy, including but not limited to:
- FTC and CFPB priorities and pending challenges to each agency’s authority and structure
- Expanded third-party liability for service providers
- “Junk fees” and “dark patterns”
- Financial privacy and data access portability
- Discriminatory lending and credit practices
- Crypto and blockchain developments